For Health and Wellness of Koreans in Calgary
Calgary Korean Health Advocacy Society (CKHAS) provides programs for your health and wellness.
To Help Calgarians to better understand available health- and wellness-related information and services, and to help them to learn about their common health issues (Education),
To provide the services related to health and wellness (Serve),
To provide networking opportunities to exchange knowledge and build connections (Network).
To achieve these goals, an annual health fair will be offered on various topics, publish documents on health topics, and host seminars and workshops are done by professionals.
Furthermore, we are in progress to offer a variety of health-related programs in the future.
This also means we are to expand our networks of health/social services professionals and recruit volunteers.
Since 2015, CKHAS has served Korean community in Calgary.
Calgary Korean Health Advocacy Society (CKHAS) is a non-profit organization founded in November 2015.
- October 3rd, 2015 – Inaugural Calgary Korean Health Fair
- November 3rd, 2015 – Incorporated as a non-profit organization
- August 13th, 2016 – Participated as a booth at the 13th Calgary Korean Day
- September 10th, 2016 – The 2nd Calgary Korean Health Fair
- November 23rd, 2016 – The 1st Annual General Meeting / Networking night
- May 6th, 2017 – The 1st Korean Health Career Fair
- August 19th, 2017 – Participated as a booth at the 14th Calgary Korean Day
- November 4th, 2017 – The 3rd Calgary Korean Health Fair
- November 27th, 2017 – The 2nd Annual General Meeting
- June 1st, 2018 – The 1st Korean Health Professionals Networking night
- August 19th, 2018 – Participated as a booth at the 15th Calgary Korean Day
- September 8th, 2018 – The 4th Calgary Korean Health Fair
- November 13th, 2018 – The 3rd Annual General Meeting
- April 27th, 2019 – The 1st Health Workshop Day, Topic: Insomnia
- August 10th, 2019 – Participated as a booth at the 16th Calgary Korean Day
- September 21st, 2019 – The 5th Calgary Korean Health Fair
- January 25th, 2020 – The 4th Annual General Meeting
- October 22nd ~ 24th, 2020 – The 1st Virtual Korean Health Fair
- December 10th, 2020 – The 5th Annual General Meeting
- September 11th, 2021 – The 2nd Virtual Korean Health Fair
- January 10th, 2022 – The 6th Annual General Meeting
- April 1st, 2022 – Online Cooking Class
- May 25, 2022 – Scholarship & Student Aid Info Session (In partnership with The Calgary Korean Scholarship Foundation)
- September 17th, 2022 – The 6th Calgary Korean Health Fair
- January 17th, 2023 – The 7th Annual General Meeting
2023-2024 Executive Team
Calgary Korean Health Advocacy Society is composed of about 20 professionals who volunteer and consist of an executive team, board members, and a planning team. If you are interested in volunteering opportunities please contact us. Thank you!
Past Executive Teams
The 2nd Team
The 3rd Team
The 4th Team
Alberta Government – Community Initiatives Program
Calgary Korean Association
Calgary Korean Seniors Association
Calgary Korean Performing Arts Society
Calgary Korean Lions Club
Calgary Korean Scholarship Foundation
Seoul National University Alumni Association in Calgary
Immigrant Services Calgary
Calgary Foundation Neighbour Grants
CBM news Calgary
Byung Ki Min, Ko Ryo Limited
Wheatland Denture & Implant Centre
Korean Alberta Journal
Korean Radio Channel Red FM
Door Prize Donations
Immigrant Services Calgary
Shoppers Drug Mart
Hana Bank Canada – Calgary Branch
Signal Hill Superstore
Canadian Red Cross
The Kidney Foundation of Canada
Calgary Communities Against Sexual Abuse (CCCSA)
Dr. Sung, Wholesome Wellness Naturopathy
K&I Nail Academy Canada
Sobeys National Pharmacy Group
Canadian CeliaC Association
Crohns and Colitis Canada
Canadian Diabetes Association
Canadian Cancer Society
A mart cosmetics
E mart cosmetics
SAIT English Language Foundation
Fresh blend Coffee & Sandwich Bar
Dr. Song, Hamptons Dental Clinic
Wheatland denture & implant centre
Hana Choi, Mi Choi, Sookjin Choi, Yunhye Lee, Angela, Hyekyung Kwon, Jungwon Chu, Ju Hyun, Hyunchul Bang, Minjung Kim, Malaika Munir, Monica Moosebauer, Jaesun Yu, Makami College, Jeonhee Baek
Pharmacy 1:1 Consultation Service
Soojin Cha, Hyunkyung Lee, Terry Lim, In Hwang, Myunggu Choi
Byungkyu Kim, Leeyong Khil, Amy Yu, Minjung Choi, Dongbum Song
Sebastian Jinhwoi Jung
We’re looking forward to your supports.
Our Society is a non-profit organization that operates with generous donations from numerous companies, organizations, businesses, and individuals.
Types of donations
Cash, items, advertisement, and talent donations, etc. Also, we accept any advertisement potentials on our website and items.
Please contact us using the contact form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.